Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Scrap wood and metal pipe towel bars








Originally, my boy's restroom came equipped with a flimsy aluminum towel bar placed awkwardly in the middle of a very long wall.  It was inconvenient to reach either from the shower or the sink.  And, as I mentioned, it was flimsy so it came off the wall more than once.  All of these factors led to a need for the momma (me) to fix it.  

Thankfully, my Dad is a lifelong woodworker and has taught me a thing or two through the years.  :)  Out came the tools, the wood, and some creativity.  Truth be told, I did shop for a replacement towel bar or rack but found nothing I loved.  So I made my own.


The towel bar backs are made from oak wood which was routered around the edges and stained with a mixture of colors I had on hand.  The towel bars were created with plumbing pieces; floor flanges, elbows and threaded pipe.  Once completed, we affixed the wood pieces to the wall studs to ensure these little darlings don't fall off ever again.

My boy loves his masculine looking restroom and I love being able to create these things. Thanks Dad for the woodworking help and advice through the years!  



No comments: