Friday, February 27, 2015

Monster puppy destroys couch!


One monster-sized puppy can do a lot of damage!!  She is as sweet as can be, but destructive as the day is long.  My poor Ikea couch is exhausted!  It has served me well; ten years of use, tons of dinner party guests and countless kids and teens.  But one little 50 pound puppy was just one too many.  And I even covered it with a thick quilt, with hopes of extending its life.  No use though, she digs, romps and naps atop the backrest cushions.  Shucks, she even leaps over the back of the couch in pursuit of one of our cats.  It is time to get creative. Well, more so than simply masking the problem with a quilt.  

Considering I would cry if I purchased a couch that was immediately destroyed by a rambunctious puppy - it is time for an "outside the box" solution.  Namely, one new, low-cost or free,  couch - with removable covers - that can withstand the abuse of an over-sized puppy.  

I haven't decided if our new couch will be made from pallets or plywood, but it will be made soon. And I do know one thing for certain, it will be made in a way that allows me to wash the covers quickly and easily.  I am leaning towards a twin size sofa with sheets aplenty!  As you can see, she makes a mess wherever she goes, just as a toddler should.  :)


No comments: