Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Revamped envelopes = party favor utensil holders


I happen to have a lot of greeting card envelopes just lying around, gathering dust.  I also had a need to organize utensils for my boy's birthday bash dinner.  The theme for his party was mock paintball which gave me license to incorporate a variety of colors.  As I like to do things a little differently than most, I decided to use my stash of envelopes as utensil and party favor holders.


My man helped me out on this one.  While I was wrapping the plastic utensils in paper napkins, he was busy sealing and snipping the envelopes.  This was one of those times where I was glad I had a pair of pinking shears available.  They make nifty designs in paper.  Once the envelopes were cut and filled with utensils, I taped a noisemaker to the front.  I then added in a few Pixie Stix and a bendy straw and the project was complete.  

Oddly enough, the adults at the party had as much fun with the candy and noisemakers as did the teens. Go figure.

No comments: