Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Scrap Wood Art?!

Hot dog! I finally found a way to put some of my wood scraps to good use. And here I was, worrying that I would have to build another storage bin just for my little wood bits and bobs. Danged if they aren't just like Legos; they're everywhere and hurt like heck when you step on them!



It all began with this pile of scrap wood.  I loved the shapes but had no idea what to do with them.

I also had this frame which was rescued from a trash bin.


And this chunk of plywood we salvaged from a Craigslist freebie.



I painted both the plywood sheet and frame and let my imagination run free. Daydreaming is one of my favorite things to do!!!


After pondering (while waiting for the paint to dry) I played with the placement of my scrap wood pieces.  I liked the "pinwheel" appearance I found with this configuration and decided to enhance the look by painting the pieces with a variety of colors.  I am a color girl; I LOVE having a rainbow of colors all around me.  The final step was to affix my pinwheels to the white background with a little wood glue.  Not only did I put my scraps to use, I also ended up with a fun little wall hanging for my lanai.  I just love it when a "plan" comes together!!!






No comments: